Wow, it has been some time since I have posted here. In the grand scheme of things, it’s only been a couple of months, but given that I was trying to keep up posting every month, it feels like a while.
Here’s what’s new:
- I’m still writing both of my books.
- I’m still learning Japanese.
- I’m still working at the same job, just had a really cool potluck with my team, actually.
- I’m two episodes (and a minisode) in on my podcast with Ariel.
- I’m starting another podcast soon – first episode recording this week!
- I’m busy, but a good busy.
I’ll say more about the podcast once it’s actually kicked off with the first episode.
Have you ever printed out your long-form writing and just held it in your hands? I really enjoy taking a break from a screen and editing on paper. It feels different, and it makes me feel like I’m more in control, I guess. Maybe I just won’t always kick that habit, because that’s the type of editor I was trained to be from a young age – I may be “of the internet,” but my teachers weren’t, so I wasn’t exactly taught to be. It’s funny the habits we have that aren’t actually our own.
Printed out, my book – that I started last year during NaNoWriMo – is pretty hefty. It was such a jolt of energy to see it there and know that I was really making progress. Admittedly, I’ve taken a long break in between writing, but I’m still very jazzed to jump back in every time that I do, and I think that says a lot about where I am with this project, and where I am in my own writing.
How have you been?